Just 3 Minutes or .85 miles to Oakhurst Village with even more shops & restaurants including Oakhurst Market, Universal Joint, Mojo Pizza & Pint, Steinbacks Restaurant, Mezcalito’s Cantina & Harmony Park
Oakhurst is a historic neighborhood in the southwest corner of Decatur, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia. It is located south of downtown Decatur and approximately six miles east of downtown Atlanta. Oakhurst primarily consists of residences built in early 20th century and neighborhood businesses. It is roughly bounded by the City of Atlanta's Kirkwood neighborhood.
2424 Common is less than a mile to Kirkwood Village with tons of shops and restaurants: Taproom Coffee, Le Petit Marche, Elmyriachi Mexican, Kirkyard Publix House, Anna’s BBQ,Kirkwood Feed & Pet Suppy, Arden’s Gardens, Evergreen Butcher & Baker, Urban Pie & much More!
Kirkwood traces its beginnings to residential development begun as early as the 1870s. While no one would consider Kirkwood a suburb of Atlanta today, an early tour book described it as an “area of beautiful suburban villas.” Kirkwood was an early streetcar suburb to Atlanta. By 1910 streetcars provided express service to and from Atlanta three times daily, and street cars continued service along some streets including Boulevard Dr (presently Hosea L Williams Dr) until the early 1950’s.
Just east of the Atlanta BeltLine and six miles from downtown, the city of Decatur is four square miles packed with more than 200 great reasons to visit. Shop at “indie” boutiques, galleries, and salons, or nibble and sip at buzz-worthy restaurants and pubs.
Charles R. Drew Charter School opened in 2000 as the City of Atlanta's first public charter school. Serving more than 1,800 students in grades Pre-K through 12, the school graduated its first class in 2017 with a 100% graduation rate. Drew represents the cradle-to-college pipeline in the East Lake community and is an integral part of a holistic neighborhood revitalization led by the East Lake Foundation.
Drew Charter School
301 Eva Davis Way Atlanta, GA 30317
East Lake Golf Club is a private facility located approximately 5 miles east of downtown Atlanta. Established in 1904, East Lake was the home course of the legendary golfer Bobby Jones and much of its Clubhouse serves as a tribute to his accomplishments.
Over the years, the golf course has hosted many golf tournaments including the 1950 U.S. Women's Amateur, 1963 Ryder Cup, and 2001 U.S. Men's Amateur. It is now the permanent home of the TOUR Championship, the culminating event of the PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedEx Cup.
The Charlie Yates Golf Course is located right around the corner and features a wonderfully conditioned 9-Hole Golf Course designed by framed architect Rees Jones. Facilities include a driving range, chipping & putting areas as well as a fully stocked Golf Shop.
2424 Memorial Drive SE Atlanta, GA 30317
Copyright © 2020 2424 Common- All Rights Reserved.
Excusively Marketed by www.ChadSells.com